The working principle of the three-piece ball valve is as follows:
I. Opening process
1. In the closed position, the ball is pressed on the seat by the mechanical pressure of the stem.
2. When the handwheel is rotated counter-clockwise, the stem moves in the opposite direction, and the bottom angular plane of the stem causes the sphere to detach from the seat.
3. The stem continues to rise and interacts with the guide pin in the spiral groove of the stem so that the sphere begins to rotate without friction.
4. Up to the fully open position, the stem rises to the limit position and the sphere rotates to the fully open position.
II. Closing process
1. When closed, turn the handwheel clockwise, the stem begins to drop and the ball starts to rotate away from the seat.
2. Continuing to rotate the handwheel, the valve stem is acted by the guide pin embedded in the upper spiral groove, which makes the valve stem and sphere rotate 90 degrees at the same time.
3. Near closure, the sphere has rotated 90 degrees without contact with the seat.
4. In the last laps of handwheel rotation, the angular plane at the bottom of the stem mechanically wedges the sphere so that it is pressed tightly on the seat to achieve complete sealing.
3-way ball valves and flange gate valve belong to the same type of valve. The difference is that its closing part is a sphere. The sphere rotates around the center line of the valve body to open and close the valve. Sanitary ball valves are mainly used in piping to cut off, distribute and change the flow direction of media. Two-piece ball valve and three-piece ball valve are widely used as a new type of valve, which should be installed horizontally in the pipeline.
An electric three-piece welding ball valve is a widely used gas valve, which has its own advantages, no friction on the switch, no abrasion on the seal, small opening and closing moment. The selection of actuators to cut off or regulate the medium is mainly exquisite. Now it is widely used in gas equipment, petrochemical industry, aerospace, vacuum equipment, electroplating equipment, agricultural machinery, food machinery, iron and steel smelting.
For more information, please visit http://www.adamantvalves.com/