The ball valve is the advent of a new type of valve in the 50s of the last century. For more than 30 years, the ball valve has become an important type of valve, which is widely used in the aerospace, petrochemical, long-distance pipelines, light industrial products, construction and many other fields. This is because the ball valve has many outstanding advantages compared to other valves. The main characteristics of the sanitary ball valve are the following:
(1) Quick and easy switch. As the ball valve under normal circumstances only needs to handle the 90-degree rotation to complete the full turn in the total shutdown action, it is easy to achieve a quick opening and closing.
(2) Good sealing. Currently, the vast majority of valve seats are made of polytetrafluoroethylene and other flexible materials. Seals composed of metallic and non-metallic materials often referred to as soft seals. In general, the soft seal of the seal is easy to guarantee, but also on the sealing surface of the machining precision and the surface roughness requirements are not high.
(3) Long life. Since PTFE has good self-lubricating properties, friction and wears with the sphere are small. And due to the improvement of ball processing technology to reduce roughness, the service life of the ball valve has been extended. It is reported that the American company W-K-M in the test chamber in the life of the ball valve test, commuting more than 100,000 times.
(4) High reliability. The high reliability of the ball valve is mainly due to: ① the pair of ball and seat joints will not produce abrasions, rapid wear, and other failures. Does not get stuck when working (in the absence of lubricant), can be applied reliably with corrosive media and low boiling liquid; ② the built-up stem structure, eliminating the valve stem under fluid pressure, may be due to the stuffing box loosening and flying away from the hidden hazards of the accident; Structure anti-static, fire-resistant ball valve, is suitable for transportation of oil, natural gas, gas pipeline.
(5) Smooth channels in the valve body. It is more suitable for transporting viscous fluids, sludges, and solid particles.