In actual applications, based on different needs, direction control valve can be divided into different categories:
1. According to the flow direction of the gas in the pipeline. If the gas is only allowed to flow in one direction, this kind of valve is called one-way sanitary regulating valve, such as one-way valve, shuttle valve. Regulating valve that can change the flow direction of the gas is called direction-switching valve, such as commonly used 2-way-2-port, 2-way-3-port, 2-way-5-port, 3-way-5-port and so on.
2. According to the control type, it can be divided into solenoid valve, mechanical valve, pneumatic control valve, human control valve. Solenoid valve can be divided into single and double-electric control valve. Mechanical valve can be divided into ball head valve, roller valve and others. Pneumatic control valve can be divided into single pneumatic control valve and double pneumatic control valve. Human control valve can be divided into manual valve and pedaling valve.
3. According to mechanism, it can be divided into direct-acting valve and pilot valve. Direct-acting valve uses human power, electromagnetic force or pneumatic force to directly realize the requirements of switching direction. Pilot valve is composed of pilot head and main valve body. The piston of pilot head drives the valve stem inside the main valve body to achieve direction switching.
4. According to the working position of the valve stem of direction switching, it can be divided into 2-way, 3-way valve.
5. According to the number of pores on the valve, it can be divided into 2-port, 3-port, 5-port valve.